Tuesday 1 April 2014

April Update

It's the 1st of April but this is not an April Fool's Day joke - just a quick update on my current activities.


A year ago to the day, I was lamenting my disappointment about missing deadlines and why deadlines are bad for my health.

Today I am celebrating that I managed to actually meet a deadline - yay!
I finished my silk mohair scarves by the end of March just as I had hoped on 25 March 2013.  Pictures of them are posted here.



Not only did I get my scarves finished, I got them delivered to the local gallery !
I look forward to seeing them displayed amongst the beautiful wares of local artisans.


While visiting the gallery, I purchased a couple of beautiful wooden buttons, hand-made by local woodworker Peter Thompson.  These buttons are just the thing to give textile projects that finishing touch - just one of the many applications for wooden buttons.  (Photos to come.)


Work continues on the Lupey Loops blog.
  • At long last there are new instalments of Fashioning the Fab Four on the way. If you would like to read through the series, you can click on "Fab Four" in the Label Cloud on the right hand side of the screen.
  • I have been tapping away at a draft to continue the theme of Surviving Chronic Illness and the affirmation "Live well even if you can't get well", but my musings on living well were surprisingly detailed so I'm in the process of breaking them down into shorter chapters for you.
  • If you like the Access All Areas topic, my aim is to publish one a month.  I figure that gives a nice amount of time for thought and discussion.  Your thoughts and feedback are welcome, by either leaving a comment on the blog or sending an email to jodiebodiecrochets@gmail.com.



It is also time to reveal the results of those "sneak peeks" of works previously in progress:
  • The WIP in my workspace during December was code-named "AKA" and it made an appearance just before Christmas.  This project is a lot of fun and  seems to have taken on a life of its own.
  • Crochet Idyll shows the beginnings of my own design, utilising colourwork in tricot (Tunisian crochet) to make a special gift. I have lots of learning and a happy outcome to share about that one.


This list is as much for my own benefit as it is to keep you up to date, as a reminder of  everything I want to share with you on Lupey Loops.


Now that I am finished celebrating my scarf deadline, I can get back to this morning's effort - charting a new beanie design for the coming Autumn season. Making the beanie is quick; getting the chart and pattern recorded correctly is a bit more laborious but it will be worth the effort in the end.

Happy Hooks!



Related Posts




Access All Areas
  • "Access All Areas", 13 March 2014:
    http://lupeyloops.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/access-all-areas.html
  • "Access All Areas: at the petrol pump", 14 March 2014: http://lupeyloops.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/access-all-areas-at-petrol-pump.html

AKA



Fashioning the Fab Four




Sneak Peeks




Surviving Chronic Illness





Further Information & Links


Gallery M

No comments:

Post a Comment